Nominations are now closed. Join us at PMI Global Summit for the announcement of this year's winners!
PMI Professional Awards celebrate the work that leads us forward–and those who make it possible.
Through innovation, collaboration, and a dedication to outcomes that matter, project leaders model the qualities that drive the world forward—leading us all towards a brighter future. Nominate the people, PMOs, and project achievements that made a difference in 2021.
2022 Professional Awards:
- PMI® Project of the Year Award
- PMI® PMO of the Year Award
- PMI® Fellow Award
- PMI® Eric Jenett Person of the Year Award
- PMI® Rising Leader Award
- PMI® Large and Mega Project Award
- PMI® Small and Mid-size Project Award
New for 2022
Beginning in 2022, all projects will be nominated for PMI Project of the Year regardless of budget or region, and recognize project excellence through the following awards:
1. PMI Project of the Year Award
- One winner will be awarded PMI Project of the Year.
- This award recognizes the best in class project selected from all Project of the Year submissions.
2. PMI Large and Mega Project Award and PMI Small and Mid-size Project Award
- Recognizes excellence in project management practices including superior organizational results, innovation, and positive impacts on society.
- All Project of the Year submissions are automatically entered to win the PMI Large and Mega Project Award or PMI Small and Mid-size Project Award.
- There is no separate nomination process for these awards.
- Awards are evaluated by project budget:
- Large/Mega Project Award (project budgets over $50 million)
- Small/Mid-size Project Award (project budgets equal to or less than $50 million)
Number of Awards
- One PMI Project of the Year Award.
- One Large and Mega Project Award winner and up to two finalists.
- One Small and Mid-size Project Award winner and up to two finalists.
- PMI reserves the right not to select any finalists for a particular year if the evaluations performed indicate that nominations do not meet the stated criteria.
2022 Award Categories
The PMI Fellow Award is the highest and most prestigious individual award presented by the Project Management Institute for service to the organization and profession.
The PMI Eric Jenett Person of the Year Award recognizes and honors an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the project management profession or its practice.
The PMI Rising Leader Award recognizes and honors a young professional who has made significant impact in advancing the knowledge standards, practices and ethics of project management.
The PMI Project of the Year Award recognizes a single, best in class project from all Project of the Year submissions, regardless of budget or region. Projects that were previously categorized for the Project Excellence Award will now submit their nomination for Project of the Year.
NEW! PMI Large and Mega Project Award
NEW! PMI Small and Mid-size Project Award
- These awards recognize excellence in project management practices including superior organizational results, innovation, and positive impacts on society.
- Project of the Year submissions are automatically entered to win a Large and Mega Project Award or a Small and Mid-size Project Award dependent on project budget:
- Large and Mega Project Award = project budgets over $50 million
- Small and Mid-size Award = project budgets equal to or below $50 million
- There is no separate submission process for the Large and Mega Project or Small and Mid-size Project Awards
PMI PMO of the Year Award
The PMI PMO of the Year Award honors a PMO that has demonstrated superior organizational project management abilities by adding value to its organization through its support of strategic initiatives.
Click on the "Register" link and complete and submit the registration form.
Login to the award with your email and password.
Create your online application.
During the Call for Nominations period, your submission can be saved as DRAFT until all required information is completed and attachments uploaded. As each section is complete, you will see a appear in the category tab when the application is saved. At any time, you can download and print your application by clicking on the icon in the Application Summary section.
On completion, save your Nomination as FINAL. Download and print a copy of your application for your records by clicking on the icon in the Application section in the right column.
Note: If an update is required prior to the Call for Applications period, you can make the update and resave as FINAL.
If you require assistance or additional information, please contact the PMI Professional Awards Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What advice can you offer about submitting entries?
- Start the process early.
- Designate an award team with a lead nominator who gathers all necessary information, completes the paperwork and submits it on time, and acts as a liaison between PMI and the team.
- Review the application package carefully. If possible, request a person not connected with the submission review it for criteria and compliance.
- Justify in the submission why you think your submission should receive the award.
- Contact email@example.com with questions as early as possible.
Who is eligible?
Eligibility varies from award to award. Some awards require PMI membership, others do not. Please review each award description for details.
What is the nomination process?
The purpose, eligibility, criteria and nomination procedures for each award appear here. Information also is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
PMI Permissions and Release Form for the PMI Professional Award Program
All applicants and/or nominees for PMI Professional Awards must sign and return the completed PMI Professional Awards Program Permissions and Release Document and include it with their nomination package.
If you have additional questions about this form, contact email@example.com.
Is there an application fee to apply for an award?
There is no application fee to apply for any of the PMI Professional Awards.
Who selects the winners?
Evaluators vary by award. All evaluators are PMI volunteers who are experienced practitioners who have successfully demonstrated project management expertise. Many volunteer evaluator positions are posted in February through PMI’s Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS).
When and where are awards presented?
Awards will be announced during PMI Global Summit in Q4 2022.
Who administers the PMI Professional Awards Program?
The Professional Awards program is administered by the PMI Brand Department.
PMI Professional Awards Insight Team
The 2022 PMI Professional Awards Insight Team (PAIT) provides professional support and expertise regarding the administration of the PMI Professional Awards program. These volunteers align the PMI Professional Awards portfolio in support of PMI strategy, provide guidelines for award nomination processes, evaluate all project nominations, and participate in and lead teams of subject matter experts in the evaluation of all PMO and Individual Awards.
Thank you to this year's insight team:
- Rosemary Imhanwa, PMP, Nigeria (2021-2023)
- Vinod Kumar Paidakula, PMP, PgMP, PMI-ACP, USA (2019-2022)
- Cinzia Pellegrino, PMP, Italy (2021-2023)
- Michal Raczka, PMP, PMI-ACP, Poland (2018-2022)
- Shobhna Raghupathy, PMP, USA (2019-2022)
- Prabhu Rajpurohit, CAPM, India (2022-2024)
- Doug Shultice, USA (2021-2023)